Thanks so much to Dee from Reverie of a Glitter Aficionado for nominating me! Please go take a loo at her shiny, happy blog.
The rules for the Liebster Award Challenge are as follows
And now, to answer the questions posed by the bookworm…
1. This is probably extremely cliché, but what got you starting on blogging?
I actually didn't think I would like blogging. I only started so that I could have something interesting on my author website. (We are told to post new material often to keep people coming back.) Turns out I kinda like it. It's a great way to get thoughts out and practice writing on a regular basis.
2. What is one thing you want everyone to know about yourself?
I am a Jesus-loving, God-fearing, sports-playing/watching, odd-number-avoiding, dinner-making, picture-drawing, book-writing wife and mother of 3. (Ha HA! How did you like my getting around that "one thing" rule?)
3. What type of music do you listen to regularly? Does it help you concentrate?
Lately, I have been listening to classic rock - a wide variety of it. It brings me back to my younger days. I don't listen to it when I write, because I can't concentrate. But I save it for when I am exercising. That's when I need a beat to motivate me.
4. If you were stranded on an island and to pass the time, you’d re-watch the same movie and keep re-reading the same book for two weeks, what movie and book would you like to be left with?
Nope. Couldn't deal with that boredom. I'd turn off all movies and write my own book! (Though, yes, I could read the Bible every day.) I do like the idea of being stranded on an island, though, thanks!
5. When you feel you need to say something that could potentially hurt a friend, do you choose your words carefully so you cause the least pain without lying, simply blurt out exactly what’s on your mind, or lie?
Actually I would try to avoid it altogether, if I could. But if I had to, I would labor over the words.
6. Would you rather…for one month: be stranded in a small house with your three best friends or be free to roam the land without anyone at all?
Roam. I am always good for a break from people. (Boy, don't I feel like a snob?)
7. Do you have any ridiculous fears, something you know won’t ever hurt you, but it still kinda freaks you out? If yes, what is it?
My fear of snakes has brought me to an irrational place. I will never go camping. And now that I have seen a snake in my front yard, the weeds in the garden there have grown way too huge. That doesn't help anything, but there's no way I'm going anywhere near it!
8. If you could live out the life of any fictional character from any form of entertainment, who would you want to be?
Always be yourself, unless you could be Batman. Then always be Batman. No, just kidding. I would be Geena Davis's character, Dottie Hanson, from A League of Their Own. Because she pretty much was me - catcher, #8, and batting 3rd. Only, I didn't do it professionally as I wished I could have.
9. What’s an embarrassing tale from your younger days?
I really don't embarrass easily. I will always try to make the best of the situation I am given. I can't think of anything.
10. What’s your favorite quote?
"Don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today." I have a fear of procrastinating.
"In all you do, in word or deed, do as unto the Lord." Give it all to God!
"Accidents happen, but we do not need to dance in the puddles." Clean up and move on!
11. Would you be able to survive without the internet? (And I don’t mean just a short break. A complete cut-off from it forever.)
Physically survive, yes. But I'd be an emotional weirdo. I rely on the computer completely for my social life. I have no plans to do this, ever.
And to fulfill my curiosity, these are some things I’d like to know.(But only 10 questions, because what's with 11? I just can't do odd numbers.)
1. Which element of a book is more important to you, character or plot?
2. If you could visit any country for a week, which would it be?
3. What time frame is your favorite to read about? (Can be past present of future)
4. What one person has most changed your life?
5. What would you choose to eat for your last meal?
6. How many books can you be reading at one time?
7. If you could relive any one year of your life, which would it be? Would you do things the same or change it up?
8. Do you have an all-time favorite book?
9. What is your favorite animal to see at the zoo?
10. What one thing would you most like to change about your life?
These are the wonderful people I’d like to nominate! Swing on by their blogs and have a peek. :)
Lindsay at Books for Christian Girls
Patti at Gridiron Granny Football Fanatic
Jessica at Book Reviews from a Christian Gal
Passion Under Grace,