I like to think I am a relatively healthy person. I don't drink or smoke; I do cardio that has lately amounted to the neighborhood of 75 miles a week; I even gave up carbonated drinks for the sake of my bones. But everyone has their downfall. Mine is food. Here are my worst offenders:
1. Oreos - Have you ever noticed just how much soap it takes to wash the cream from an Oreo off a dish? I mean, what is that stuff MADE of, pure lard?
2. Peanut butter - Protein, yeah, that's why I eat it. However, anytime I'm eating peanut butter, it is usually a vehicle for chocolate.
3. Oreo PB milkshakes - From Sonic. Mixing #'s 1 and 2? Well, you had to see this one coming. Throw in some ice cream? Sure. Now at least I'm getting some calcium. Protein, calcium, and lard. Yup. Balanced meal.
4. White fudge covered Oreos. - You may be seeing a trend here. These are Oreos with substantial weight. One could be considered a full dessert, I think. If only I could eat just one.
5. Coconut cream cookies - I'm not sure how this became a true addiction, but O.M.Gosh. You'd have to try it to believe it. They don't look dangerous, but just by tasting it, you know. If trans-fat had a taste, this would be it.
6. Donuts, or even worse, cro-nuts - There really is nothing redeeming in a donut at all, I'm pretty sure. Not sure why people invented them, but they better not stop. (For any who don't know, a cro-nut is a mix between a donut and a croissant.)
7. Muffins - See above
8. Haagen Dazs PB Pie ice cream - Normally, I wouldn't put ice cream on this list, because there is some good in ice cream. But this flavor is the kind where you take out a pint and a spoon, standing at the freezer just expecting to eat your usual one or two bites... and then it's gone. Notice I have 2 in the picture.
9. Truffles - We're talking concentrated chocolate here. I can make some decent truffles, so I know how it's done. You make something with chocolate, smash it so it's packed even tighter, and then add more chocolate. Good stuff.
10. Pinterest - I couldn't narrow it down to just one recipe, but this whole stinkin' website makes it way too easy to find the easiest way to make anything I am craving. I'm so good, I can usually find a recipe for what I want with only 4 ingredients, all of which I have on hand, and to be made in 15 minutes. And if I only have 14 minutes, then I can find one to be made that quickly. Love it or hate it? Not sure. Depends how desperate I am.
Only at Christmas Treat - Christmas Crack (pictured here.) I bet it has a real name, but I don't know it. All I know is that there's a whole stick of butter in that sugar and cracker mess. Topped with chocolate.
Killer Drink - White Chocolate Mocha
Other than a lot of real cream and white chocolate syrup, there might be something in it that qualifies as coffee. But still, it's more of a dessert than a drink.
My Own Creation - Homemade Ice Cream
Sure I know all the ingredients, so there's nothing artificial. But when I clean the ice cream maker, I have to use half a bottle of soap to get the heavy whipping cream cleaned out. Good stuff. Really good stuff.
Of course, this is only the top of my list. I could have put on French fries, but I need the salt. You can see I have a sweet tooth, and not everyone does. What would be on your Top Ten Food list?
Because I love even numbers and lists!